Karen and Bradley discuss their views on software freedom advocacy.Running time: 49:48.
Segment 0 (00:33)
- Bradley and Karen discussed the term “evil” in Episode 0x26. (00:39)
Segment 1 (03:39)
- Karen participated in Model Congress when she was in high school, but not Model U.N. Bradley happened to encounter a Model U.N. in his hotel following the Linux Foundation's Collaboration Summit this year. (04:46)
- Karen mentions that free and open source software is pointed to as a recruitment tool. (11:41)
- Bradley thinks long term, but not necessarily as long term as some. (12:21)
- Karen and Bradley agree that it's worthwhile to teach kids about software freedom. (13:03)
- Bradley mentioned SugarLabs. (13:28)
- Bradley mentioned Andy Hertzfeld. (14:30)
- Karen mentions that proprietary software causes fear amongst users. (16:04)
- Bradley referred to the Star Trek episode “Errand of Mercy”. He also refers to the Information Society song “What's on Your Mind” (26:24)
- Bradley and Karen discuss whether Leonard Nimoy will retire. (27:12)
- Bradley refers to the term “Fauxpen” that Tarus Balog uses in his speeches. (33:29)
Segment 2 (37:44)
- Bradley and Karen ask for input from listeners as to what they would like to hear on the show.
Send feedback and comments on the oggcast to <firstname.lastname@example.org> or <email@example.com>. You can keep in touch with the SFLC on our IRC channel, #sflc on irc.freenode.net, and by following SFLC on identi.ca.